Muffins are delicious and very customizable. Muffins have been and will always be, one of the world’s greatest bread based dessert. The best part about muffins is… They can be healthy! Don’t be afraid to add your own flare to this dish. You can add any toppings you want to muffins so, have fun with it!
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup ground up flaxseed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and Stevia together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, salt, baking powder, flaxseed, protein powder and cinnamon – mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally pour in milk and combine.
- Spray a 12 and 6 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
- If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
Nutritional Information: Serving 36 muffins; Calories 97; Carbs 14g; Fat 2g; Protein 5g