Soups are just what you need when you are sick. So, Diabetic Soup recipes are a must have for a household containing diabetics. This soup contains a lot of soluble fiber, protein, carbohydrates, folate and iron. It also contains Lectins which contains high amounts of grains. This soup can also substitute meat in your diet due to the high amounts of protein in beans. Make sure you comment your favorite diabetic soups!
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion; saute until soft. Add kale and saute, stirring, until wilted. Add 3 cups of broth, 2 cups of beans, and all of the tomato, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth.
- Stir into soup to thicken.
- Simmer 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley.