Omelets are always a good choice for breakfast. You could exchange the asparagus for broccoli or another green veggie and it’ll still work but it is up to you. This omelet is very delicious for all ages too!
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1 tsp all-purpose dill mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In classic batter bowl, whisk cream cheese and milk; add flour and whisk until smooth. Spearate 1 egg; reserve egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill mix, salt and black pepper to cream cheese mixture; whisk until smooth. Add asparagus, bell pepper and onion to bater bowl; mix well.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on Classic Round Stone with wide ends overlapping in the center and points toward outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center) Using Medium Scoop, scoop egg mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle; sprinkle with cheese. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Brush with remaining lightly beaten egg white.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information: calories 320; total fat 21g; saturated fat 9g; cholesterol 25mg; carbohydrate 26g; protein 7g; sodium 620mg; fiber 0g.
Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 1 meat, 2 fruit, 3 fat (2 carb)