August 29, 2016
Fresh Homemade Bread
What you need:
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the 110 degree water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until dough has a smooth and elastic feeling, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let bread rise in a warm or heated place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. (can be a low temp. oven)
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; cut dough in half. Sculpt each loaf into shape of your choice. Place in two greased 9×5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 380 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow. Remove from pans to cool.
- Slice 2 Loaves into slices. (around 14-16 Slices)