September 19, 2016
Corn bread is a huge delicacy in the south. The best part about this recipe is the corn bread are in bite sized balls!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Combine cheese and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in cups 2 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.