September 12, 2016
Carrot cake closely resembles a quick bread and can taste great with most if not all dishes. Carrot cake is an extremely popular dish and one of the most popular cakes in Switzerland. In Switzerland, carrot cake is actually used quite often for children birthday parties.
- baking spray with flour
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup one-to-one sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (8 g) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ½ cups finely grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup currants
- 1 6-ounce can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- frozen non-fat, sugar-free whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat an 10 inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar substitute, dry milk, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Mix in the oil and egg substitute using a low setting on your electric mixer. Fold in the carrots, walnuts, currants and pineapple.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in pan, remove the outside of the cake pan and slice.
- If using, top with thawed whipped topping.
[…] Best Diabetic Carrot Cake Recipes from Easy To Make Diabetic Carrot Cake RecipeEasy To Make. Source Image: diabeticrecipes.us. Visit this site for details: diabeticrecipes.us […]