Salsa is a favorite dip for your favorite chip. It’s almost a requirement for a Mexican Cuisine themed dinner. This salsa can be served right away after you make it; however, it’s better when you make it a few hours before you need it and stick it in the refrigerator for a time. The longer it sets in the fridge, the thicker it will be come and the spices have more time to blend together.
- 1 large can of tomatoes (whole, stewed, or diced)
- 1/4 chopped onions (or to taste)
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/t tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic
- Add peppers, 1/2 of onions, and juice from tomatoes in a blender. Blend for about a minute or until onions and peppers are small enough or pureed. Pour into mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, rest of the onions, and cilantro in a blender. Pulse blend 3 or 4 times, just enough to break up the tomatoes. Add to pepper mixture. Stir.