September 6, 2016
This recipe is great for celebrations. With this chocolate cake, you can give something special to your diabetic loved one. Be sure to add your own flare to the recipe!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1-3/4 cups Splenda
- 2 eggs
- 3oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 9×1-1/2 inch round baking or one 13x9x2 baking pan; set pan(s) aside. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the the butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beta til well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add dry mixture and 1-1/4 cups water alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool layer cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove layer cakes from pans. Cool thoroughly on racks.
Sugar Free Frosting
- 1 (1.4oz) package sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (8oz) container lite frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Mix well and let stand until thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding and mix well. Finally, fold in whipped topping.